Hey They're Talking About Us In Germany!


This morning I checked out the online stats for this blog and found out someone came here from Germany. To see that someone came from another country is not unusual, they might arrive here for many different reasons such as doing a google search on a keyword term that happens to show up here. Sometimes people come here as a result of seeing my free online book for homeschoolers or my freelance writing website.

But this time it was specifically German homeschoolers. One blogger was asking for good links and in the comments section, this blog was recommended. Cool, huh?

Since it was all written in German, I had no idea what they were saying so I had to do some work to figure that out. For all I knew they might be saying this was the worst blog they've ever seen. So I googled for an online translation site, found one very easily and simply pasted in the text. It did not come out grammatically correct but it worked great because I could understand what they were saying. Here's the site I used: Free Translation Online . I'm sure there are many others, I just grabbed the first one I saw.

As I understand it, there is no homeschooling freedom in Germany. But perhaps bloggers like these two will be able to play a part in changing the situation. I hope so because they deserve to have the same freedom, flexibility and fun as we do here, don't they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
Hi from Germany.
thank you for writing this blog.